|“||Yes, Finished, I’m a free man||”|
Mason came from a line of sasquatch that were part of The Castle. Mason was friends with the previous King and Queen, (the mother and father of the triplets) especially with Brady and Boomer's father because he taught him everything he knows, he protected the island for his return.
In Return of the Kings, he returns Boomer and Brady to Kinkow and makes them the kings of Kinkow. Mason knows that Boomer and Brady are the Kings of Legend. He doesn't like it when Brady is mocking about his daughter since Brady has a crush on Mikayla.
Mason believes that Boomer and Brady are Kings of Legend. He tries proving this to the island elders, but when Brady and Boomer lie to him, he loses all trust in them. Brady and Boomer come back to Kinkow and defeat Zadoc, earning back Mason's trust, and he also starts to believe that they are Kings of Legend again.
In the first episode of season 3, it was shown that Mason knew that Boomer and Brady have another brother (Boz) because they're triplets. He felt embarrassed that he said Brady is a king of legend, when he really wasn't, (but quite possibly that’s change in the movie.)
Mason Makoola is part Sasquatch. Mason is tall, muscular, with a very deep voice.
He is wise, strong, good with a machete (he chopped a palm tree and a table in half), and loyal to the kings, Boomer and Brady, though he sometimes gets annoyed by the antics the kings put themselves in. He's also the overprotective father of Mikayla, of whom Brady is not-so-secretly crushing on. He was very close to the triplet's parents. He has a younger brother named Jason and they don't get along but eventually rekindle their brotherhood. He is part sasquatch. In season 3 Mason became a bit unsure of his answers because Brady left and he isn't the king of legend, despite all signs pointing to the brothers. He is also show to be hesitant because he was wrong before.
- Super Strength: Since he is part sasquatch, Mason has Super Strength he's so strong he can squeeze the the oxygen out of Boomer & Brady just like Anacondas, Boas, & Pythons. His sasquatch physiology and super strength also allows him to have very high pain tolerance/super durability as he normally is the last guard to faint after being beaten.
- Hand-to-hand combat: Mason is also skilled in Swordsmanship and hand-to-hand combat. Mason taught almost every guard how to fight, even his daughter Mikayla, as she easily beat Mason in a swordfight (Kings of Legend) and beat him quickly in hand-to-hand (Sleepless in the Castle). Mason and his daughter also sometimes teaches Boomer and Brady who became skilled swordsmans and hand-to-hand combats of their own right. He is skilled enough to defeat every guard in the castle when he was brainwashed by he couldn’t beat his daughter or Brady.
- Surfing Skills: Mason is also a great surfer and was also The Big Kahoola until Hibachi challenge and cheated him in the surf contest, however he regain his title as the Big Kahoola thanks to Brady and Boomer. He was also able to teach the Kings who were able to surf while being blinded by the sun.
"This is thirty six inches of cold hard steel forged from the fires of Mt. Don't Touch My Daughter."
- An Ice Girl for Boomer
- Pair of Clubs
- The Ex Factor
- No Rhyme or Treason
- Crouching Brady, Hidden Boomer
- Cooks Can Be Deceiving
- Mason starts the recurring gag of breaking the vase.
- People often wonder if his voice is real because it is so deep, and in "The New King", his voice was revealed to be high pitched, although it is Geno Segers actual voice.
- He is 1/8 sasquatch.
- His personality's polar opposite is his younger brother Jason Makoola.
- In How I Met Your Brother, after Mason quit his job he became a slacker and gained weight and got darker.
- His catchphrase is "Sweet Mamasquatch".
- When he was out of shape, he named his stomach Todd, which hasn't come out since the 3rd Grade, mentioned from Jason Makoola.
- His worst fear was the rabbits, (although within the same episode he got over it) he did not want to have his hair removed from his chest, but in the end he liked it and was very ashamed when people saw his Mason Makoola exercise videos and his Exercises of the Jungle because they are embarrassing to him.